Heart Of The Swarm - wish list
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • I have read nothing about HOTS and I will do my best to avoid such, so that I am able to enjoy the game once it comes out.

So NO SPOILERS please!

My favorite unit is the human medic, which I only saw in the campaign. I wish that unit were added.

LAN - I think vernam7 will beat Blizzard in THAT race! I personally have no interest in LAN, and never played a LAN game and have no interest in doing so ... maps! Maps, I like the artwork lol.

So I would like to see an expansion to the map capability.

If you are from Blizzard and reading this, take note! I want "snow", no not white sand, but "snow" - horizontal and falling. Also I want to be able to sculpture an horizontal on a vertical, even if limited.

I want bridge effects, sculpture and doodads that function correctly, over and underpasses.

I want to see more animals.

I want to see "commanders", special single units, that may represent the player.

H20 - yes, amphibian units - it is simply laughable that there are "marines" but no navy! What about uboots! Can't be done I hear you, well go get another job!

I want a "flood" or "paint all" function for water.

I want an X and Y physical read out numerically.

I want a "merge all" paint function, to finalize layers.

I want an "auto blend" function for paints.

I want a "remember last map state and settings".

I want units to use ramps properly.

Now I may add to this list, but I will end on this last wish list note - I want a better AI. The AI is awful. It doesn't use all the units, nor all the unit functions, and I would mark it as a B-, say 60%. No "intelligence" in the AI, so add it Blizzard!

Oh and, I hate the constant "on line" requirements. I bought the game, but can see why others choose not to. You treat customers poorly.

Add your wish list below, and NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

opensource Starcraft 2 maps: http://www.chrisentiae.com/artypixelle/
    artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • moved to generals, you should also post that to the official battlenet forums (besided the lan part :P) and it will have a change of been read by Blizzard!

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • First Infos about HotS next Month

http://kotaku.com/#!5794590/our-firs...ens-next-month

Major
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ExTraxx.traxx
    Realm:
    EU Beta
  • So what is the 'good oil' on the release date for HOTS?

From the article, "perhaps" new Zerg units. Well such is to be expected, but does that translate into single player additional units ... THAT is the real question. I hope so.

It would be rather underwhelming if the single player had nothing new other than different, new, terrain.

I rarely play the Zerg. They are normally the enemy in my map testing. I prefer the Terran, but Protoss are far easier for me to win with.

I also note some scope for a role playing element. Again, such is all well and good, but they don't elaborate as to whether such is for the campaign or the single player or both. Naturally the single player is the more important of the two.

My play style is defensive, fortifications, as I don't like the button mash of offensive actions. So I would specifically welcome more defensive orientated units.

It is interesting, and, in for a penny in for a pound, I will likely purchase both expansions - credit sale (or blame lol) re vernam7.

artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • i have farwarded your wish list to an other friend admin of mine from an other website and he will try to give them or ask some of them in the May preview of the hots. ;-)

This Business Is Binary. You are a 1 or a 0. Alive or Dead.- Play SC2 Offline with StarTCraft Loader: http://adf.ly/M0bMj
    Developer & Moderator
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Vernam7
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Cool and thanks.

artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • That's really creative wishlist. Well, it make sense, you love artwork. :D

Battle.net
    Name:
    josephting
    Realm:
    Southeast Asia & ANZ
  • i wish corruptors and broodlords were mutated from mutalisk just like guardians and devourers back from scbw

I <3 sc2allin1 tool LOL!!!! *note: I bought a signature just for that*
    Sergeant
  • I wish for a better map editor, but Blizzard will not.

I wish for lurkers, infested bunkers, brutalisks, and maybe scourge. Look out roach/hydra, here comes ultra/bruta? lol.

I can haz custom title now???
    Battle.net
    Name:
    tSwCryofrost
    Realm:
    North America
  • i wish that the zerg gets one extra new unit in multi ans skirmish, cause after my count they have 1 few than the others. maybe wrong though idk

• They have 3 less than others. I hope terran and protoss get 1 new unit and zerg gets lurker, infested bunker, brutalisks, and osmething else(maybe scourge).

Battle.net
    Name:
    tSwCryofrost
    Realm:
    North America
  • well i count them zerg 11, terran 12, protoss 14... the protoss seem to have lot more than the other races and still i think terran is the most powerful race. but zerg should a least get 2 more units than the others

• the protoss army is the most powerful. an army made by a few zealots, many stalkers, few sentries, few void rays, few immortals, few collosus, a mother:D, and many high templars for storm, and when they are empty make archons:D, but if you play a heavy macro game with zerg you cannot be beaten

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    piciupitik
    Realm:
    Europe
  • piciupitikthe protoss army is the most powerful. an army made by a few zealots, many stalkers, few sentries, few void rays, few immortals, few collosus, a mother:D, and many high templars for storm, and when they are empty make archons:D, but if you play a heavy macro game with zerg you cannot be beaten

dude i dont know why but protoss feels weak for me or is it just me?

Sergeant
  • Wierd, a lot of people say that the stats are: terran:12 units, toss:12 units, zerg: 9 units. Zerg has 12 units if you count overlords, nydus worms, and creep tumors. But only blizzard does that, because no one counts pylons, supply depots, blink research, and other useless stuff as units.

Battle.net
    Name:
    tSwCryofrost
    Realm:
    North America
  • so going on memory without the working units:
    1. zerg - queen, zergling, baneling, roach, hydra, infestor, muta, corrupter, broodlord, ultralisk, overlord/overseer (i count as 1 unit, cause only overlord is practicaly equal to pylon or supply depot). so 11 Units (not counting the nudos, it's by no means a unit it's building)
    2. terran - marine, marouder, reaper, ghost, hellion, tank, thor, raven, medivac, viking, banshee, battlecruiser - 12 units
    3. protoss - zealot, stalker, sentry, high templar, archon, dark templer, immortal, colossus, observer, war prism, void raid, phoenix, carrier, mothership - 14 units

• Some interesting discussions which lead me to think, well which is the most/least useful unit. In other words, does something need to be cut or added ... details.

Zerg - I really dislike playing them and can't make any suggestions at this time.

Terran - My favorite. Add the female foot medic. Marines are the most useful and the Battlecruiser the least.

Protoss - easiest for me to play, and my second favorite. Photon Cannon is my favorite unit, which I use as base defenses to turtle up. A second favorite is the Carrier. The Dark Templar I find pretty useless.

I ought to add that the above are based on v AI games, including GT.

I am sure in human v human, that unit usefulness would vary.

So to recap, what units are best/worst and what should be added/cut, for each species?

artist
    Battle.net
    Name:
    artypixelle
    Realm:
    Europe
  • well i don't really think there are unuseful units, because all of them have their use in certain situations. but battlecruisers and carriers are less seen just because games rarelly go that far and in long games, people tend to go for combinations of other units (colosi, immortals, stalkers) (marines, tanks thors, vikings). As for the zerg, even the ultras and broodlords are very often used and relatively easy made.

• Ultralisks aren't too common. Broodlords are in any game that goes long though.

Battle.net
    Name:
    tSwCryofrost
    Realm:
    North America
  • guyugkuygUltralisks aren't too common. Broodlords are in any game that goes long though.

i dont know why but ultralist has the same price with collosus... collosus=ranged and possess a 15x2=30... while ultralisk, melee but its fucking damage sucks ... the only pros on it is that it can cancel forcefields and can be a tank...

Sergeant
  • my wishlist is just 2 things
    1. new units
    2. new MUSIC

Private
  • More shields/forcefields for protoss!

Private
  • I'd love a remake of the SC1/BW music - with some new music of course!

I'll leave new and interesting unit ideas up to Blizzard, I have faith in them.. and am insanely excited to see the new multi-player units!

Zerg campaign should be entertaining, I'm a Terran but do enjoy playing some Zerg from time to time when I feel like losing..

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    FromUndaChz
    Realm:
    North America
  • Me too Sc1 music into sc2!!! ;)
    I am listening sc1 music at the moment ^^

Commander
    Battle.net
    Name:
    PandaZerg
    Realm:
    North America
  • fake rolex its grande adidas.de dame, moncler women jackets stars a new balance fortysomething Judi Dench as air jordan Aunt Sadie.Sullivan reminds pandora jewellery me, as air max 90 I tory burch handbags slip ralph lauren uk into juicy couture a nike store reverie polo ralph lauren outlet telling abercrombie her about oakley the north face backpacks series.but ugg boots oh, the clothes!green louboutins velvet chanel purses and silver.Mitford bcbg max azria wrote celine handbags of one of her Cold Climate ladies.She michael kors handbags rubbed beats by dre a fold long champ of uggs outlet the coach outlet store skirt against ray-ban sunglasses her cheek.it smells like true religion jeans women a bird cage when hermes birkin it gets uhren hot, but michael kors bags I longchamp taschen do love it.Aren’t harrods london you new balance thankful cheap ray ban evening skirts hogan are ray ban sunglasses long again?Patrick Carney married: christian louboutin shoes Black burberry uk Keys drummer cheap true religion weds pandora Emily WardPatrick Carney of babyliss The Black Keys toms.com has gotten flat iron married.The rock louis vuitton australia drummer married Emily ralph lauren Ward lululemon australia on ralph lauren factory store Saturday michael kors at burberry handbags the home nike air max they share mac cosmetics in Nashville.The Keys’ publicist ray ban sunglasses outlet says the puma couple was joined nike air by tory burch shoes about zapatillas nike 350 family and friends wholesale handbags for the louboutin backyard prada sunglasses ceremony.Comedian wedding dresses uk Will ralph lauren polo Forte officiated.Ward polo ralph lauren outlet wore a coach factory outlet online dress by Carolina Herrera and oakley walked down lululemon outlet the aisle hair straightener to nike air max Crimson tory burch sandals and michael kors outlet online Clover salomon schuhe by vans outlet Tommy James The Shondells.Carney oakley sunglasses outlet was kate spade accompanied uggs down the burberry handbags aisle by jordan shoes the jimmy choo couple’s gucci handbags Irish wolfhound replica watches Charlotte.The hermes bags wedding party included Ward’s sister Danielle Shuster and brother tommy hilfiger online shop Henry softball bats Ward, while ray ban outlet Carney was accompanied cheap eyeglasses by nike.dk his supra footwear brothers Will instyler ionic styler Carneywhen there’s not ralph lauren outlet online only the nike mercurial vapor economy but cheap oakley sunglasses also gucci mens shoes the jordan release dates fears ralph lauren that prada are going on today, pandora rings people nike free 5.0 retreat oakley to a past when longchamp handbags they feel there was more louis vuitton of www.tommyhilfiger.nl a safeness.talk about louis vuitton purses the way calvin klein things burberry outlet online had prada handbags always been tommy hilfiger and nobody giuseppe zanotti thought it coach factory online would salvatore ferragamo end.I insanity calendar love louis vuitton handbags Gone with the Wind pandora bracelets and watch oakley sunglasses it wedding dresses every time it replica watches comes jerseys from china

Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: