AI suggestion. Please make it better I'm begging you! T.T
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Yo dudes here in nibbits.

Present AI's are so rough and they just kick my ass out even in Easy. It's just too hard.

I tried to pick an AI for an ally, they are awkwardly weak and hopeless. Easily trashed by the enemy AI's

All of the enemy AI's have the same movements and tactics. Which make it awfully awkward and just like the AI of Starcraft 1.

So my suggestion is, can you make it like AI's of Battle Realms. They give you time to prepare, then they send some welcoming troops trying to trash you out. Etc! Just make it have different tactics. Pleaseeee.

Or you could also make it like Red Alert 2 AI's, manageable, and also could defeat you in a way if you haven't prepared for them.

Please make it better. Thank you!

Thank you for letting us play Starcraft 2 offline too! We owe you a lot of thanks! Rock on guys.

• And plus. The AI cheats. They see wherever you are. *sigh

• To my knowledge, only the insane AI cheats, I know that the easy and medium one don't.

Lieutenant
  • Dude. The AI's except the Blizzard's Very Easy seems to have the blacksheepwall, operationcwal, and showmethemoney cheats. It sucks to play it that way.

Hope they could make it like Battle Realms or Red Alert 2 AI's that doesn't cheat but can kick your ass in a way.

• no, only insane diff have cheat, the others dont and they kick ass !

you still living in starcraft 1 with showmethemoney etc :D

blacksheepwall => map hack
    operationcwal => does not exist yet
    showmethemoney => mineral bonus

but about having strategy for this AI you are right :)

Captain
  • terran58no, only insane diff have cheat, the others dont and they kick ass !

you still living in starcraft 1 with showmethemoney etc :D

blacksheepwall => map hack
    operationcwal => does not exist yet
    showmethemoney => mineral bonus

but about having strategy for this AI you are right :)

I became an addict to it when I was 8. XD

• Actually it seems to me like they do cheat. At the moment they can actually shoot up the cliffs to where you units are without needing to see it. And they seems to know where you are without actually being able to see you.
    Their APM or whatever you want to call it for a computer is silly. You do a storm on a group and ever single unit will move independantly at of the way, all at the same time as build stuff at there base. It would be nice if they programmed it to simulate a person and give it a limited amount of actions per minute depending on the difficulties.
    Because atm it seems like the only way to bet computer AIs for the majority of RTS games is by exploiting a flaw in the programing rather than a flaw in there strategy or mechanics. Almost program them to be clumsy. It would make the AI 100 times superious to most mainstream AIs these. Allthough maybe blizards AI once we get the difficulty slider will actually be like this. Would be cool ;)

Anonymous
    92.232.80.xxx
  • How noob is that? You cant beat easy ai ??? Come on man are you playing starcraft for first time?,its ok in that case, just practice and watch videos on youtube.

• No dude. It's harder than the AI's of other strategic war games. Just like what Isythos said.

I observed some AI's yesterday and I was freaking shocked how they control their team. It's just like they have 10 hands, controlling 10 computers for just 1 team. They click like hell. They could send a unit for explanation while developing their bases and while they are invading a base! That is so inhuman! No human could manage their teams that fast.

• HolyShiftNo dude. It's harder than the AI's of other strategic war games. Just like what Isythos said.

I observed some AI's yesterday and I was freaking shocked how they control their team. It's just like they have 10 hands, controlling 10 computers for just 1 team. They click like hell. They could send a unit for explanation while developing their bases and while they are invading a base! That is so inhuman! No human could manage their teams that fast.

But you forget, no computer AI can strategize and adapt to different situations like a decent human player can. Like they said in the movie Matrix: no matter how fast, how powerful they are, these computer software(AIs) still operate within a set of rules. Human players aren't restricted by these rules. In order to offset for this shortcoming, the AIs have to be able to multi-task faster and better then humans.

So saying that the AI's better then human or cheating simply because they can multi-task and click faster is just incorrect. It's like saying since my computer processor can process information and handle multi-tasking way better than I can, it's more intelligent than I am. This is just not true.

Anonymous
    67.187.218.xxx
  • from my experience, once you know how the AI plays, you can beat it with a normal playstyle on hardmode and with some nice cheese on insane mode.

insane mode the AI gets double resources, so you have to cheese rush him early on in the match, or use mutalisks.

if anything, i wish the AI was better, could harass and not just send waves of units through the front door to their death. also, as far as i know, the AI doesn't adapt to your playstyle. it only goes through a set build order and keeps pumping units as long as it gets its resources.

the only strong point is amazing micro and resource gathering.

Anonymous
    173.32.65.xxx
  • heylittodude
    HolyShiftNo dude. It's harder than the AI's of other strategic war games. Just like what Isythos said.

But you forget, no computer AI can strategize and adapt to different situations like a decent human player can. Like they said in the movie Matrix: no matter how fast, how powerful they are, these computer software(AIs) still operate within a set of rules. Human players aren't restricted by these rules. In order to offset for this shortcoming, the AIs have to be able to multi-task faster and better then humans.

So saying that the AI's better then human or cheating simply because they can multi-task and click faster is just incorrect. It's like saying since my computer processor can process information and handle multi-tasking way better than I can, it's more intelligent than I am. This is just not true.

Well I'm just suggesting to please make it better by making them more manageable, not all knowing, non cheating, and just like be the AI's of other war games like the games I said before. They have different strategies, normal resources, defend their bases, shifting in base invasion, and kick asses too!

I want it to rock just like the others! \m/

• HolyShift
    heylittodude
    HolyShiftNo dude. It's harder than the AI's of other strategic war games. Just like what Isythos said.

Well I'm just suggesting to please make it better by making them more manageable, not all knowing, non cheating, and just like be the AI's of other war games like the games I said before. They have different strategies, normal resources, defend their bases, shifting in base invasion, and kick asses too!

I agree with you on the part about having the AI be more "creative" with its strategies. It would be nice to have a AI with more varied tactics to make it more unpredictable. However I know that's gonna require a whole lot of clever programming so it all depend on the AI team.

Also non of the AI difficulties cheat except for insane. Because they always send out scouts to reveal the map. If they had vision to start with then they wouldn't have to do that.

Anonymous
    67.187.218.xxx
  • the AI actually never cheats with vision. you can win by cannon rushing as protoss against any opponent, on any difficulty.

he is super pro at scouting with scvs/drones/zerglings, but he is not programmed to scout his own base

Anonymous
    173.32.65.xxx
  • I actually find it to be too easy.

Maybe what's really required is more polarization ie: an easier easy mode and a harder hard mode. I can beat 3 Terran computers in a 1v3 pretty consistently on hard, I wish the AI were harder myself, or that the beta would come back online.

• The AI on easy and hard uses the same strategy to my knowledge, the only difference being that the easy AI retreats easily and attacks less frequently, it might also be limited in APM but I'm not too sure about that.

Lieutenant
  • in easy you should not see expanding from AI but in hard, AI should expand .

and in easy "scared" option is active that make AI army runaway without fighting (Worse than retreat)

Captain
  • heylittodude
    HolyShift
    heylittodude

I agree with you on the part about having the AI be more "creative" with its strategies. It would be nice to have a AI with more varied tactics to make it more unpredictable. However I know that's gonna require a whole lot of clever programming so it all depend on the AI team.

Also non of the AI difficulties cheat except for insane. Because they always send out scouts to reveal the map. If they had vision to start with then they wouldn't have to do that.

Well the hell-like and inhuman clicking and AI management on teams really made it hard to beat up.

If I could click and manage team like that, I would be so awesome.

To the AI team. Please do it. And we will thank you for your awesomeness! \m/

• VeiorThe AI on easy and hard uses the same strategy to my knowledge, the only difference being that the easy AI retreats easily and attacks less frequently, it might also be limited in APM but I'm not too sure about that.

Attacks frequently? Damn. I could defend my base for the first wave but not on the second one. They always wipe my ass out.

I guess all you guys are darn Pros. Hope I could be just like you guys in gaming.

• you dont need to be a pro. Im not, playing beta in mid-gold-league, but can beat the AI w/o problems. If you play on easy and the AI sends its first wave it shouldn't attack you at all if you play right since it is frightened. If it does attack, however, you made something wrong with you BO.

Anonymous
    78.35.106.xxx
  • It gets frightened easily, but that doesn't mean it will refuse to attack simply because you have afew units out. However, if you manage to kill the scout to send, they will postpone sending the first wave for some time as they are unable to see your base.

Lieutenant
  • So I need to kill those damn scouts? How? Kill them by using SCV's, Probes, or Drones?

• sin coilthe AI actually never cheats with vision. you can win by cannon rushing as protoss against any opponent, on any difficulty.

he is super pro at scouting with scvs/drones/zerglings, but he is not programmed to scout his own base

Actually the AI doesn't seem to cheat in vision as in it knows where you are constantly and what your doing BUT the AI CAN see up cliffs when it really shouldn't. I also actually think that the first attack is the most difficult bit and then if you survive that its an easy downhill battle unless you play insane. Easy-Hard are all quite easy after the first bit. This is simply due to them not building up enough of an army and not attacking that much.
    The only thing I would say is they need to have their logic improved so they are competant in stragegy and tactics but have their APM limited so they dont make things like Storms and EMPs completly uselsss.
    But the main thing I am talking about is the fact they attack up cliffs where they should not be able to.

Anonymous
    92.232.80.xxx
  • It's not really possible that they can see up cliffs, that would have to modify game mechanics itself, which the AI files are incapable of doing. They usually either have hidden observers, managed to get 1 unit up the ramp or have flyers nearby.

Also, its VERY easy to kill those scouts, using any race. Gateway+zealot block at ramp, or maybe just a probe block, terran walloff, just getting a single pair of zerglings out. The AI having to send a scout already puts them at a disadvantage in terms of resources.

Lieutenant
  • Wow. You guys are pros.

Well I saw other AI's. Are they good? Or they are just the same with the default AI's?

Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: