StarCraft II Beta Automated Updater By xXThePlague1Xx, Comments, Questions, Error's, Bugs, and any Problems.
submit to reddit

Page 1

• ___________________________________________________________________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Installation Instructions

1, Download and Install StarCraft II Beta. (Must Be Fresh Install For Patcher to Work)

2, Download Patcher and Place it in your starcraft II Beta Folder (as seen bellow). This is usually c:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta\ for 32bit xp, vista, and win7, for 64bit xp, vista, and win7 it is c:\Program Files x86\StarCraft II Beta\

3, Right Click and click extract here with winrar or 7-zip.

4, Download Updater+taskkill archive from downloads tab, extract to your starcraft II Beta Folder and overwrite the updater script.bat, then place the taskkill.exe program in your updates folder.

5, Run Updater Script.bat and your good. :)

NOTICE: these instructions are temporary till i get the final package uploaded.

Dont Forget to download Vernam7's Latest SC2Allin1 launcher, and Beta Phase2 Compatible Maps.

Vernam7's SC2Allin1 Page Here: http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcrack-allin1/

for Comments, Questions, Errors, Bugs, or any Problems go here:
    http://sc2.nibbits.com/forums/17/view/940/starcraft-ii-beta-automated-updater-by-xxtheplague1xx-comments-questions-errors-bugs-and-any-problems

Author xXThePlague1Xx

PS: Please Vote if you like it, and comments are welcome. Thank you :)

Corporal
  • how does it do its updating?
    does it apply the 1-16update by itself
    or does it do it one by one

Private
  • not working here
    after first patch is applied by blizzard updater, launcher starts automaticaly and launch the game....
    second patch fails because files are in use and cannot be patched...
    script stops

Anonymous
    93.4.40.xxx
  • @alex look at your other post on the tools page. :)
    ty

Corporal
  • @djblade it updates by copying all the files from blizzards patches 1-16, 17, and 18 packages downloaded from here:
    http://patches.lordaeron.org/sc2beta/pc/enUS/

it uses the beta phase2 blizzard updater version 4.1.1.4275

and pastes them all in a folder named updates in you starcraft II Beta folder then runs my script that manually renames the files one after the other and then deletes them when they are done updating.

hope this answered your question, if not just take a look at the update script thats in the package its a .bat file and can be edited with notepad.

Corporal
  • Hi xXThePlague1Xx! I already have a copy of the patches 1-16, 17 and 18 from http://patches.lordaeron.org/sc2beta/pc/enUS/. Can you please post a link to download only the patcher? And other instructions on how I could apply patches 1-18 using your updater, since I downloaded them separately. Thanks.

• @lexzki m8 you would be better off waiting till tomorrow and redownloading the new package theres alot of instruction, and dos command involved to do what you want.

im trying to help eo on the tools page cus his bandwidth is very slow and would take him days to download. he is trying to do the same thing you want ask him for a copy of his script or or even better help him with it. :)

(if you need help with dos commands google them and find examples for them)

by the way my patcher script is on the tools download page, you can use that to build from if you want.

Corporal
  • @xXThePlague1Xx I guess i better start downloading the whole patcher you created then. Thanks for the reply. =D

• Iv tried installing this many times and the farthest it will go is to 4/5 of the second installer then stop when it cant find the third patch. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous
    76.187.155.xxx
  • @nate wait hold on what do you mean it cant find the sc2-patch (2).mpq, its supposed to check if all the files are there before it trys to patch.

can you tell me what error it gives you?
    or a screenshot would be better

and

1, did you place it in your starcraft II Beta Folder not support or updates.

2, do you have both part1 and 2, did you unpack it with winrar or did you run the .exe (part1).

Corporal
  • Pal pleeease can you help me? I'll appreciate it very much. No matter what I do I just get a black screen, no map, nothing.

The SC2 Beta phase 1 was working fine on my PC with patch 15 and SC2AllIn1 9.7.x, then I uninstalled the whole thing, made a fresh install, run the game, it doesn't update automatically, so I downloaded every patch in here:
    http://patches.lordaeron.org/sc2beta/pc/enUS/
    everything from patch 1 to 18 and manually unziped them in the install dir, ran the game so the patch are applied, the game runs fine but obviously I don't have beta-key, exits the game. Downloaded SC2AllIn1 10.0.0, installed it as admin (I am in Win7 x64 bits) downloaded the official SC2 Beta 2 Maps from a link in the SC2AllIn1 page, installed them, executed as admin the SC2AllIn1 and BANG!!! a black screen.

Since then I have uninstalled and applied the patch several times, tried everything (installing as admin, appliing patches one by one, pressed the new button "Crack Lastest Patch" in the SC2AllIn1 option screen, etc.), even downloaded the lastes SC2AllIn1 10.1.1 published just a couple hours ago and nothing, just a black screen.

Can you help me? do you know what is happening? I am having SC2-withdrawal-symptoms rite now... PLEASE HELKP ME!

PD: I'm downloading rite now your awesome "StarCraft II Beta Automated Updater By xXThePlague1Xx"...

Anonymous
    190.203.254.xxx
  • Well I just got to say thanks. Before I couldn't get the phase 2 beta of Starcraft 2 to run with SC2AllIn1, but with the help of this autoupdater I managed to get things to work, so again thank you. Plus it makes things easier for my friends when I tell them how to get it working as well.

• @sefsermak dude calm down (breath m8, hums softly LOL!!) easy fix did you download beta phase2 compatible maps from vernam7's tool page if not than download them asap, then try it. :)

hope it helps if not ask on that page.

PS: using my updater to be correctly updated couldnt hurt either.

Corporal
  • @dafees thx m8 any questions are welcome from you or your freinds.

Corporal
  • *Breaths deeply*
    Yes bro, I downloaded a pack of some SC2 Beta Phase 2 maps from the vernam7's page, I already installed them on SC2AllIn1 10.1.1 and try to execute them but... black screen :'(

I'll try your awesome StarCraft II Beta Automated Updater By xXThePlague1Xx as soon as it downloads. Thnsx for youre help mate!

Anonymous
    190.203.254.xxx
  • @sefsermak no prob man, updating to patch 18 should fix it.

Corporal
  • Hey man, so I downloaded the autopatcher for 1-18, but sc2-patch (4).mpq in part 2 appears to fail a CRC check and can't be unpacked from the rar file.

Anonymous
    76.126.173.xxx
  • @xXThePlague1Xx

I have the same problem as alex encountered on yesterday but I can't find any solution at tool page to avoid the execution of starcraft.

I use Update script with 13 files to update my sc2 to latest patch. Thing I did;

1. I have win7 system, fresh installation of sc2.
    2. Put all the patches (total 13 files) into Updates folder with latest 4.1.1 Blizzard Updater
    3. Place the Updates folder together with your Updater_Script.bat into C:\Program Files\StarCraft II Beta
    4. execute the patching by double click the .bat file
    5. everything went smooth till sc2-patch (6).mpq, it auto start the starcraft 2 game, I close the sc2 game by Task manager, it stated "... incorrectly" script stop.

how do I get rid of this? it ruined my whole day...

Anonymous
    58.182.196.xxx
  • @kiga did you run part1 or did you just try to unpack from part2 to because part1 is an sfx archive and part2 is a continuation of those files. (follow instructions on tools page PLS!)

@Ric-hard just download the updater package from the links on the tools page, and follow installation instructions.

@kiga & Ric-Hard If still have problem let me know pls.

Corporal
  • nice tool xXThePlagueXx!.. :)

Corporal
  • If you get the error about the missing sc2-patch (2).mpq, reinstal the game, launch the patcher and before you press any key copy all the files from the updates folder in your game directory. Than start patching. Than after the game starts exit fast and before the update is finished copy all the files back to your uptades folder which will be almost empty.DO NOT OVERWRITE ANY FILE when you copy the files back. I have not finished the patching yet but this got me past that error.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Cry
    Realm:
    Europe
  • Patching was ok, no errors, only thing left is to test the game.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Cry
    Realm:
    Europe
  • @syryuu thx man glad to help.

Corporal
  • @cry17 yes i know about that problem.

The tskill command fixed that on xp comps, but for vista and 7 i had to use taskkill witch rjx just told me is case sensitive thats why it did not work.

i dont have a vista or 7 so i could not test it, thx for the input.

Corporal
  • What I did was on win 7 btw.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Cry
    Realm:
    Europe
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: