Power of Corruption is a altered melee style map which features two customized races: The Naga and the Demons. This project was previously known as Naga Wars, where you played only ...
Power of Corruption is a altered melee style map which features two customized races: The Naga and the Demons. This project was previously known as Naga Wars, where you played only the Naga race. Due to some request and suggestions from the staff in that time, I decided to do a whole race from scratch in order to put more innovation, replayability and challenge to the Naga which are overpowered in comparison with the standard races. Time has passed and the map has been improved in many ways, now it's 100% vJASS and it features nice spells, abilities and characteristics which, hopefully, will give to the melee style game a new fresh air.
- A new resource: Devotion points. It can be obtained when you kill enemies from normal players (creeping doesn't give devotion points) This resource can be exchanged by gold or lumber, or saved to get a super unit at your command.
- Transport units. This feature has been available through neutral buildings, but now these units will be trained by the player. They not only serve as transport, they can improve a lot the micro management because they can be used to protect vulnerable units taking in advantage its high resistance against attacks.
- Item forgers. These special units will be trained by each player. They will have the ability to cast portable shops with items designed to improve temporary the hero units, or units in an area of effect. There are two kind of forgers, magical (Naga) and weaponry (Demons). Magical ones creates items focused in weak armies and the weaponries are focused in improve the Heroes damage and armor.
- Semihero units. These special units are the gift that you obtain from you god Sargeras for having a good and efficient army. They are called semiheroes for its skills (strength + 4 useful abilities) and they are summoned when you reach 1000 devotion points. The Nagas obtain a Naga Royal Guard and the Demons obtain a Doom Guard. Initially they have the standard abilities, but the idea is to make custom ones for them.
- Race Attributes. Each race will have a common passive ability for all the organic units which gives to them an identity. In the Naga race, the ability is called Water Essence, which gives to the Naga the ability to increase their hitpoints regeneration when they are on water; and the Demons have the Corrupted Entity ability, which gives to the demons a chance to explode and produce lesser beasts from its bodies if they reach a 10% of its max hitpoints.
Beta Testing, ideas, contribution and credits
- RedDragon (AKA Dragon9087)
- Red-Bones Ghoul (ideas for Lord of Darkness abilities)
- Archmage Owenalacaster
Reviews (Submit a Review)
Log in and reach level 3 to submit a review for this map.
- Map Style:
- Defense (Competitive) Defense (Team)
- moyack 1
- Latest Version:
- Power of Corruption v2.2e
- WarCraft 3 Map
- 3.5 MB
- Playable Area:
- Downloads (Total):
- Downloads (Daily):
- 1 (ranked #931)
- Submitted By:
- moyack 1
- Discovered On:
- April 1, 2012
- Direct Link:
There are not yet enough votes to show a realistic score.
If you were logged in you could rate this.
No badges or achievements yet.
Support Nibbits by linking to us: