If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• uggggg, i just don't get it.

I have windows 7 64 bit
    i have an AMD athlon x4 64bit quadcore at 2.7
    a Radeon XFX HD 5770 XXX
    4 GB of 1066Mhz ram (G.skill Ripjaw)
    and many MASSIVLY laggy SC2 games.

i will describe this is full, because i have not found a similar problem on the internet after almost a week of searching.

every once in a blue moon, my game runs GREAT. my system can support everything maxed without breaking a sweat, i know this from the few very rare moments when it actually works. most of the time however i get the worst (and most signature) lag.

i will use my roomate as a comparison, he has a system comparable to mine, plays it perfectly every time, we use the same torrent to play the game (i gave it to him on my flash drive). differences is, he has intel, i have AMD, he has Nvidia, i have ATI.

when i get my lag, the video lags like crazy, when i check my FPS, it goes from 0 to 70ish, then drops back down to 0 again. (my roomates stays at constant 25 to 45, making me wonder if there is a problem with the Vsynch or something) sound is what makes it all funny. it won't play any background music when it's lagging, and sometimes it will repeat the same sound byte over and over again for anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

things i have done.

i have clocked my video card back to normal
    i have wiped the drivers and loaded brand new ones
    i have wiped the drivers and loaded old ones
    i have had my roomate install the game (his worked)
    i have closed everything in the background
    i have checked my temps with SIW (30c processer, 50c video card)
    i have changed the game from using 4 cores to only using one, then two, then three, then all 4 again.
    i have prayed to dark and dangerous gods.
    i have uploaded all of the latest AI etc.
    i have even been considering calling blizzard support lol.
    i have wiped and uploaded audio drivers

if you folks have ANY idea whats going on, please help me out, i just want to play the damn game in between exams, instead of studying, i have been spending all my time trying to figure this problem out >.<

Support Nibbits by linking to us: