Bots... I hate you.
submit to reddit

Page 1
  • Yeah, I hate bots so much. I am trying to host the game 'Mafia' and nobody joins. I even make Mafia but called the game DoTA - Apem and only two people join. I am in a lobby I made right now, only 3 people have joined in the last hour so far. I even have Autorefresh.

What has WC3 come to? I hate bots!

Battle.net
    Name:
    Raikashi
    Realm:
    Azeroth (U.S. East)
  • Tell me about it. Whats weird is that no matter how many times you rm the same name, or diff names, only 2-4 people ever join that one game. Bots push human hosts right off of the list within a few seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if they were designed to do that. Lets petition blizz to make all human hosted games cut in line of all bot hosts.

Seems now all I do is join bots because thats the only games people can join. I had to completely give up on a map I was working on because I couldn't get people to play it.

Yes it is true I use a bot! I auto host Lazerus TD about 100 times a day on US west and US east, but I wouldn't mind human hosts going infront of my bot.

Try using a bot to host the games you play?

Lieutenant
  • Lets petition blizz to make all human hosted games cut in line of all bot hosts.

Actually blizzard CAN'T stop bots (at least not right now), or else they would have done this by now. Bots are specifically designed to bypass Warden.

Other than that, I don't really have much trouble with bots. Whenever i wanna play castle fight, i host it and it doesn't take much time to fill up. Also, i have a few bots scatterend around the realms hosting enfo's MT and some enfo clans have their own bots running.

OF COURSE the overall activity has been decreasing over the last years, and bots are more attractive to the casual player than a "human" game, but at least they help those players to keep playing warcraft.

Be preparaed for reviews at a whole new level..
    MT Team member
    Battle.net
    Name:
    mecatronic
    Realm:
    Azeroth (U.S. East)
  • I dont play much custom games but bots can be quite useful for less laggy games.

Corporal
  • The thing is, Lazerus, I only have one CD-KEY. So even if I did have a bot, I would have to let it host and not let me play it.

I could probably be able to get a bot.

Battle.net
    Name:
    Raikashi
    Realm:
    Azeroth (U.S. East)
  • this is one of the reasons bots are popular now. A set of cd-keys can be bought by less than 10 dollars on ebay.

Be preparaed for reviews at a whole new level..
    MT Team member
    Battle.net
    Name:
    mecatronic
    Realm:
    Azeroth (U.S. East)
  • mecatronicActually blizzard CAN'T stop bots
    Oh Meca please, Blizz can do what ever they want. Blizzard could have 'fixed' a lot of things they just let be. For instance making hosting more user friendly like 7 years ago.

mecatronicWhenever i wanna play castle fight,
    Well Meca thats a popular game, probably as popular as DotA, and you said you still have to wait some time? Try hosting a not so well known game and see how many join. My guess 1 every 7 minutes. So that really doesn't help map makers test and develop new games. Castle Fight is a custom game too.

DrCometh
    I dont play much custom games but bots can be quite useful for less laggy games.
    What do you mean Custom? If your saying that you only play Blizz official default melee maps, then okay, but all the bot hosts I see Are Custom Games. I have seen a lot more lagg on bots then human hosts. Probably because the bot is hosting up to 1000 games at the same time. People were lagging on my bot at first then I upgraded to 10meg with a 1meg ul and reduced the amount of games my bot hosts to 10 and now I can do what ever I usually do online and my bot hardly laggs. Oh and congrats on winning the SC2 Pre-order.

RaikashiI only have one CD-KEY
    I was under the impression that the new bots require only one cd key to operate?

~What it all boils down too is the overabundance of hosts, whether human or bot (we all know its bot), and the dwindling of joining players on B.net. As a matter of fact I quite enjoyed when only a handful of people could host, made games join fast and people weren't as picky. Now, 'trained' to be impatient, expecting games to fill in 20 seconds, a game can have 30 joiners and 22 leavers before the game is full enough to start.
    We could build a MEGA non-bot Clan for all the people who are sick of bots can find fh humanhost games being played all day long.

Lieutenant
  • I have a feeling that blizzard realizes that warcraft 3 is dieing. Which is probably one of the reasons why they are getting people hyped up about SC2 and WoW, Cataclysm now.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    mb53
    Realm:
    Lordaeron (U.S. West)
  • WarCraft will NEVER DIE !!!

Bet my soul on it.

SC can eat a Fick

Lieutenant
  • Yeah, warcraft won't die, WoW is keeping it going, but eventually they will need another spin-off when too many people get bored.

Warcraft THREE is dieing finally after 8 years.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    mb53
    Realm:
    Lordaeron (U.S. West)
  • Yes I know I was just being unreasonable out of spite. I feel better.

Lieutenant
  • Yeah, unfortunately Warcraft 3 is dying a bit from factors, including HoN becoming a substitute for Dota and the release of the SC2 beta phase. I really hope Warcraft 4 or something similar comes out soon xD.

• Doubt that wc4 will be out any time soon. We all know how long it takes for Blizzard to release new material.

I am currently searching for a new game. One that I can mod and has a nice community where people can enjoy my games. Wc3 was really special because Everybody knows what warcraft is.

As we probably all know that SC2 is our best bet. Crud, I guess medieval can be done in space...

What is HoN, is it wc3 mod or a new game like Demigod? Demigod is a really nice AOS like DotA.

Lieutenant
  • One game that is really good, which you can mod just about everything, is Transcendence. It's a single player space nethack-like game, but much easier than nethack. You can find it at nuerohack.com/transcendence. It is still unfinished, but really good. And it's free.

Private
  • Ahhhh.... wish Blizz would make Warcraft IV, but that's never going to happen. Blizzard has become too profitable to spend time developing a Warcraft RTS sequel...

Corporal
  • ...What, as apposed to a SC sequel?

Lieutenant
  • I am calling a SC MMORPG next...

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    mb53
    Realm:
    Lordaeron (U.S. West)
  • That would actually be pretty cool. That could be something to look forward to.

Private
  • @Lazerus: Word has it that Blizz has started work on a "next-gen MMO". No details have been released, but I definitely smell some SC involvement in it at the very least :P

Corporal
  • where did you hear that

Corporal
    Battle.net
    Name:
    drevild
    Realm:
    Azeroth (U.S. East)
  • HoN is Heroes of Newerth :/ and its like dota from warcraft 3

Anonymous
    71.92.33.xxx
  • To be honest, I don't care what Blizzard does since it's obvious that they won't do anything. I miss the days when I could host a Whodunit and get a full house within the time the window slid up to show me the game lobby. I also miss when Parasite and Island Defense combined equaled out to the DotA's being hosted, the other ten games being random games people decided to host. Eh, oh well. I will NEVER go to Starcraft, and there will be no Warcraft IV, so oh well, good game Warcraft III. DOTA is not fun to me otherwise I wouldn't even have typed in on google "What's wrong with warcraft?

Anonymous
    24.15.126.xxx
  • I hate those bots, too.

The old days were awesome with Wc3!
    Many hosted Games, many differnt things.. and DotA was the only map hosted several times and all like it (like it's still today...) but we had a lot more players and a lot more fun.. now the whole b.net of Wc3 is spammed with those damn bots.. nothing special, nothing funny anymore :/

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    SlyRipper#2775
    Realm:
    Northrend (Europe)
  • Use GARENA
    There still are games...

Corporal
  • Well Warcraft 3 won't die, but lot of players who played dota went to LoL Or HoN, which were majority of warcraft 3 players. But still warcraft 3 still has one of the most advanced map editors which are almost unlimited. Some of the people won't get SC2 because their old computers might not run it.

Also some people still say Dota is better than HoN. So they are staying on wc3. Warcraft 3 is still quite played at garena and other private servers, but real original Battle.net isn't doing good as it did before.

I Hope Warcraft IV would come out but it wasn't sadly on blizzards 5 year development list.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    ShiroiSenji[TSO
    Realm:
    Northrend (Europe)
Page 1

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: