If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• There is risk of the entire 2012-2013 NHL season being wiped out. Giants Womens Jerseys . Now that qualifies as fear mongering, but considering how entrenched both the league and the players association are with less than 10 days until the expiration of the existing collective bargaining agreement, sources on both sides are accepting the loss of another season as a possibility. Negotiations remain in a stalemate - with no plan to resume formal talks. The NHL insists - for the health of the league - that players must be paid less. On the other side, the players association contends that forcing players to take less doesnt solve the problems within the current system. In short, the NHL Players Association believes a new system is required. However, negotiating an economic framework that works for both the owners and the players cant be done until both sides find some common ground. A mutually agreed upon definition of what constitutes hockey related revenue (HRR) and how certain aspects impact the overall players share is largely the foundation for a new CBA. So in simple terms, it comes down to dollars and cents. The players are willing to give, but do so over time. And they arent interested in any ownership proposal that continues to push for an immediate correction. A 50-50 split seems fair, but negotiating to get there will be a painstaking process. Player contracts are also a huge concern for the NHL, with issues ranging from the diving salaries used to construct the mega-deals into cap reasonable numbers to entry-level contracts which the league would like to extend from three to five years. Revenue sharing, arbitration, health and safety initiatives or negotiated changes to supplemental discipline are also all important elements in bargaining and chips that can be shuffled once a new economic framework is devised. With no discussions planned, thats a tall order. And that leaves the fear mongers who once again project hockeys version of Armageddon on solid ground. Victor Cruz Signed Jersey . - Bright Dike scored just before halftime and the Portland Timbers beat the Colorado Rapids 1-0 Friday night to get consecutive wins for the first time this season. Jason Pierre-Paul Jersey . Antoine Valois-Fortier, Kelita Zupancic and Amy Cotton each finished first in their divisions. Valois-Fortier beat Russias Yusup-Khadzhi Aksagov in the mens 81 kilogram final. http://giantsjerseys.ucigreeks.com/ . LOUIS -- The Cardinals look for leadoff man Rafael Furcal to get on base. Authentic Victor Cruz Jersey . On Saturday night, it was a big one. Luebke outpitched Roy Halladay and San Diego beat Philadelphia 5-1, snapping the Phillies 13-game winning streak at Petco Park. Giants Signed Jerseys . Nadal blew a 5-2 lead in the third set in losing 6-3, 3-6, 7-5, his first defeat to Verdasco in 14 matches. The third-round loss was Nadals earliest exit in a clay-court tournament since he fell to Olivier Mutis in the second round in Palermo, Italy, in 2004. LOS ANGELES -- Zack Greinke showed up alone to a mid-November meeting at Dodger Stadium, asking as many questions as he answered. When he left three hours later, the pitcher thought he may have found his new team while the Los Angeles Dodgers brass knew they had to land the top arm on the open market. They did, signing Greinke to a $147 million, six-year deal that is the richest for a right-hander in baseball history. The Dodgers beat out Texas and the rival Los Angeles Angels, for whom Greinke pitched last season. "Hes the one we wanted," said Magic Johnson, a partner in Guggenheim Baseball Management, which bought the team last spring. "A guy of Zacks ability and also his commitment to his craft, they dont come on the market too many times. Were so thrilled to have him. Dodger pride is on the way back." Greinkes introduction on Tuesday culminated a more than $200 million spending spree by the Dodgers in which they also signed South Korean left-hander Ryu Hyun-jin, who got a $36 million, six-year deal. The club also spent $25.7 million on a posting fee that gave the Dodgers exclusive negotiating rights with Ryu. "Nobody worried about the Yankees when they were doing this and winning," Johnson said. "Were here to win." The Dodgers havent won the World Series since 1988, but that didnt discourage Greinke. "Besides the money, the No. 1 (reason) was they have a team that could win a World Series for several years," he said. Greinke, the 2009 AL Cy Young Award winner, and Ryu give the Dodgers eight starting pitchers under contract for next season, joining 2011 NL Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Josh Beckett, Ted Lilly, Chris Capuano and Aaron Harang. The Dodgers were eager to bolster their pitching this winter knowing that Billingsley (elbow) and Lilly (shoulder) are coming off operations. "A lot of things have to come together," Greinke said. "You cant just throw names on a team and be good. If everyone comes back healthy it should be a good ride. They could be good for every year of my contract, so there is no rebuilding." With Greinke locked up, the Dodgers plan to discuss a contract extension with Kershaw, who can become a free agent after the 2014 season. Authentic Eli Manning Jersey. . Casey Close, Greinkes agent, said Texas was in the hunt for his client until the end. "At one point, I was favouring Texas," Greinke said before the negotiations made him change his mind. The Angels didnt make it that far, according to Greinke, who said his former team "never really got into it when the details came." "Theres a point where every team has to have a stopping point and they obviously reached it," he said. "Im not mad at them. I dont think theyre mad at how I went about things." The 29-year-old righty started last season with Milwaukee and was later traded to the Angels, going a combined 15-5 with a 3.48 ERA. He is 91-78 with a 3.77 ERA in nine seasons with the Brewers, Dodgers and Angels. In 2009, Greinke went 16-8 with a major league-leading 2.16 ERA for Kansas City, and hed like to recapture that form. "I was consistent that whole entire year," he said. "Most years Ill start strong and hit a roadblock." Greinke impressed Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti, president and CEO Stan Kasten and manager Don Mattingly simply by showing up alone to their meeting. "He was stunning. It was probably the best free-agent meeting Ive ever had," Colletti said. "I cant remember one that didnt bring an agent or friends. If the questioning got a little tough, they had a fallback." Greinke showed hed done his homework on the Dodgers, discussing younger players in their system, his strategies for retiring everyone in the teams lineup, and what the club would be like in three years. He saw Dodger Stadium as the kind of park that would allow him to be a fly ball pitcher. "This was always a place I wanted to play," he said. "I loved it there (in Anaheim), so I assume this will be just as good." Kasten impressed Greinke with his plans for the organization and what the pitcher said was "his ability to keep so many things under control." "I dont want to make his head too big, but I thought Stan was the smartest person I ever talked to," Greinke said. "With him in charge, I thought they had a chance to keep things going good." ' ' '

Lieutenant

Support Nibbits by linking to us: