How to Edit AIDifficulty.galaxy
submit to reddit

• Guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I have been looking all over the forum and couldn't find anything about it.

I've seen you guys post up about editing the AIDifficulty.galaxy file multiple times. I was wondering how you do it. It's located under SC2ALLin1/ai/scai folder right?

But when I double-click it, it doesn't open and asks me what program do I want to use to open it. Any solutions?

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx
  • Just open it with notepad or any other text program.

Lieutenant
  • You open it with a text editor and change the values accordingly. If you are using SC2Allin1 as a launcher, you need to select the Other AI option when choosing a difficulty, otherwise it will overwrite AIDifficulty.galaxy with the predefined settings for whatever difficulty you have selected.

I have another question, though, the perhaps someone can answer. With the following line:

const int c_mineralBonus = 2;

Does this change the number of minerals harvested per SCV by x+2? or by 2x?

From an old replay it looks like it's 2x, but from the examples in the change log is see some difficulties set to 0 and some set to 1. I also noticed that setting it to 1.5 causes the launcher to fail to create the game.

Anyone have knowledge of this?

• I have figured out that answer to my previous question, but I do have another:

const int c_mineralBonus = 2;

Is there a difference between setting this to 1 and setting this to 0? I've seen both, and tested both, but since I can't view patch 16 replays I can't tell for sure if there really is a difference.

My impression based on playing against it is there is not difference and that both give no mineral bonus, but I just want to verify that with someone else.

Anyone?

• const int means that value must be an integer value.
    1 is integer
    2 is integer
    1.5 is not integer and using not allowed

Anonymous
    127.0.0.xxx

New Reply

If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

Support Nibbits by linking to us: