If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• HOUSTON -- Roger Bernadina didnt think twice when he saw Kurt Suzukis bunt thrown past first base and down the right field in the 11th inning. Tim Tebow Patriots Jersey sale . Bernadina kept running -- even through third base coach Bo Porters stop sign -- until he scored the run that turned out to be the difference as the Washington Nationals won their third straight, 5-4 over the Houston Astros on Monday night. "Its one of those things that worked out for us," Bernadina said. "I went to third base and saw the ball down the right field line and kept going." Ryan Zimmerman had two hits and two RBIs, and Michael Morse added two hits for Washington. Nationals manager Davey Johnson was happy to get the victory, calling it a character win and adding that the Nationals bent but didnt break. "Everything conceivable that could go wrong went wrong," Johnson said. "They gave us one by airmailing it over first base then airmailed it over the catcher." Wilton Lopez (3-1) pitched a perfect 10th inning but Bernadina led off the 11th with a single. On Suzukis bunt attempt, Brett Wallace and Lopez collided before Wallace threw the ball past first base and down the right field line. Right fielder Brian Bogusevics throw home was too high, allowing Bernadina to score and give the Nationals the lead. "I bunted and said Oh no, please dont get caught. I saw it drop, and I said Oh baby. I kept running and Bernie did, too," Suzuki said. "It was one of those plays where it looked like they didnt know if they should dive for it or let it drop and they collided and I just took off." Craig Stammen (5-1) pitched a perfect 10th and got a scare in the 11th when Chris Snyder just missed a home run down the left field line before striking out. Bogusevic walked and stole second but Jose Altuve grounded out to end the game. Houston manager Brad Mills said he thought his team was trying to do a little too much on the play in the top of the 11th but acknowledged that the Astros had plenty of opportunities to get the win. "Games like that, you hate to see them get away like that," Mills said. "That probably made this one a little bit tougher. Somewhere, were stowing up some hits. We get runners on and were getting a lot of opportunities, but were just not bringing them in." Tyler Clippard hit Carlos Corporan with a pitch and walked Bogusevic with one out in the ninth before Altuve doubled to tie the game at 4. Clippard struck out Marwin Gonzalez and Wallace to send the game to extra innings. Edwin Jackson went 5 1-3 innings for the Nationals, giving up two runs and two hits with eight strikeouts. Jackson did not allow a hit after the first inning and walked two the rest of the way. "The game was good enough to keep us close," Jackson said. "I have to do a better job of coming out and getting ahead in the count and putting guys away earlier. I have to do a better job of going out there and attacking the strike zone to go later in the game." Houstons Dallas Keuchel allowed four runs -- three earned -- and a career-high 12 hits with two strikeouts in six innings. Keuchel has allowed at least four runs in each of his five losses and has given up 30 runs -- 26 earned -- over his last 25 innings. Keuchel said its been tough the past couple of starts "because I havent been around the zone. So I focused on loading the zone and letting them hit it." Washington took a 4-1 lead in the fifth on a two-run single by Zimmerman followed by a run-scoring single by Morse. Jackson led off the inning with a single, and Espinosa followed with a single. Bryce Harper walked to load the bases before Zimmermans single. Zimmerman was thrown out trying to go to second. After giving up three singles in the first three innings, Keuchel got into trouble in the fourth, allowing consecutive singles to Zimmerman and Morse to start the inning before Adam LaRoche tied the game at 1 with an RBI single. Morse extended his hitting streak to 15 games. Altuve walk to lead off the sixth and stole second before moving to third on a groundout. Altuve scored on Wallaces sacrifice fly off Tom Gorzelanny. After Justin Maxwell tripled, pinch-hitter Steve Pearce cut the lead to 4-3 with an RBI single. Gonzalez gave Houston a 1-0 lead in the first with second home run of the season. NOTES: Washington claimed IF Cesar Izturis off waivers from Milwaukee on Monday. ...The Nationals placed IF Mark DeRosa on the 15-day DL, retroactive to Sunday. .. Washington designated LHP Atahualpa Severino for assignment. ... The Nationals agreed to terms on professional contracts with four international free agents: RHP Ramses Rosario and OFs Aldrem Corredor, Darryl Florentino and Luis Guzman. ... Astros C Jason Castro (right knee) continued his rehab assignment with Triple-A Oklahoma City on Monday night. . The attendance for the game was a season-low 13,843. ... RHP Jordan Lyles, who is 2-8 with a 5.95 ERA, will start Tuesdays game for Houston, while Washington will start LHP Ross Detwiler, who is 6-4 with a 3.02 ERA this season. Tim Tebow Patriots Jersey Womens . -- Not long after Arizona knocked off Florida for its biggest win of the season, coach Sean Miller told his team not to get too high, to keep their focus. Tim Tebow Patriots Jersey Youth . And when the labour strife finally ended, they showed they were sharp. "It really helped with my conditioning," said Johnny Boychuk, who played in Austria and returned to score a goal in the Bruins 3-1 victory over the New York Rangers in the lockout-delayed opener Saturday night. http://www.timtebowpatriotsjersey.com/ . Mike Arnold, counsel for the officials, says Tuesday that claim is "patently false." "The NFLRA has never threatened to strike," Arnold said. Tim Tebow Patriots Jersey Authentic . The 2011 Nelson runner-up is off to a good start. Palmer, who lives in Colleyville not far from the TPC Four Seasons, opened with a 6-under 64 on Thursday to take a one-stroke lead over Marc Leishman and Alex Cejka. Tebow Patriots Jersey . -- Philadelphia Union defender Raymon Gaddis was suspended one game Thursday and fined an undisclosed amount by the MLS disciplinary committee for a reckless challenge.Doubles pair Daniel Nestor and Vasek Pospisil completed the sweep for Canadian tennis players on Monday, defeating Romanias Adrian Ungur and Horatio Tecau 6-3, 7-6 (11-9). Thornhill, Ont.s, Milos Raonic and Laval, Que.s, Aleksandra Wozniak won their respective singles matches earlier in the day. The Canadian duo held off the Romanians in a lengthy second set, eventually sealing the game in a tiebreaker on the fourth match point. They will face either third-seeded Janko Tipsarevic and Nennad Zimonjic of Serbia or Slovakias Lukas Lacko and Martin Klizan. Patriots Tim Tebow Jersey. Nestor, the worlds top-ranked doubles player, won a gold medal at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Game with partner Sebastien Lareau. The 39-year-old doesnt have much experience playing with Pospisil, although the two teamed up at the Davis Cup last year. They compiled a 2-0 record at the international event, including an impressive win over Grand Slam champions Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram. ' ' '

Private

Support Nibbits by linking to us: